Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Unexpected late nights

This is a post for Thursday.

I didn't bring home my laptop on Thursday, and thus, couldn't write anything.  At least, it would have been incredibly awkward to do anything substantial on an iPhone.  Granted, it's currently 4:23 AM, so I may not be able to do anything substantial anyway.

Anyway.

I woke up at an average time on Thursday, and gathered up my guitar and computer and shipped myself off to work.  I had a lesson scheduled at 6:00 PM out in Brookline, so I wasn't able to go home prior to heading out.

After the lesson, I took the D train up to Kenmore and walked down to Landsdowne St. for Jessi and Julia's joint birthday party thing.  I met a lot of cool people, and got to stand and watch a live karaoke band enjoy themselves despite the generally average singers.

Eventually, Julia, Alex, and Eric decided to go to some 80s night thing in Allston.  Given that I had my guitar with me, I decided to stay at the spot.  We ended up staying there until closing, whenever that was.  At the end, it was Jessi, her friend Holly, Holly's boyfriend Alex, and, I'm terribly sorry to admit,  one other friend of Jessi's whose name I've been unable to retain.

Anyway, at the end of the night, we somehow got it in our head that we wanted IHOP.

I don't think I ever really bothered to look at or care about the time at this point in the night.  So, after a bit of investigation, we discovered that the IHOP in Harvard Sq. is open until 4:00 AM.  We took that as a sign, and hopped a cab across the river to H^2.  I had some eggs and pancakes.  They were wonderful.

After that, we all said our goodbyes, and I walked home from Harvard (given that it was 4:00 in the morning).  I got to sleep at around 5:00 AM.  Similar to tonight, in fact!

No comments: