Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

The rest of the world's like a little bitty spot

Listening to fuckin' Loretta Lynn.

Thank goodness.

Today has been long.  It started pretty well, I think.  I woke up promptly at 7:00 AM.  I spent some time before noon preparing some slides for a "brown bag" talk I was giving today.  I think it went well - it's difficult to tell what people think.  There weren't too many confused faces at the end, so I'll take that as a sign that I at least did a reasonable job of explaining.  I hope.  After the talk, it seemed like everything proceeded to fall apart for the rest of the day.

I don't know what the deal was, but everybody seemed bitchy today.  People were trading barbs in e-mail, which never happens.  Maybe bitchy isn't the right word, but they were at least pissed off.  I don't know - I can just hope I don't have anything to do with it.

I left work around 5:30 PM and headed over to class.  Got there a few minutes late, unfortunately, but he hadn't really started anyway.  Class, as opposed to work, seemed to go pretty well all the way through.  Theory was good, and I was able to hear properly in Ear Training, for the most part.

I got home around 9:30 PM and immediately ordered some Indian from India Castle.

It got here about 15 minutes ago, somehow.  The delivery guy actually called me to apologize and say that he was a few minutes away in Harvard Square.  Ultimately, I don't mind.  Shit happens; I'm sure he wasn't thrilled to be late either.  It doesn't do anyone any good for me to get all pissy about it.

Ahh, High On A Mountain Top.  Yay!

That's a better place than most to stop.

No comments: