Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Illustrator.

Tonight Jason taught me how to use Illustrator.  This, really, I think is the most important, wonderful thing that's happened to me this year.  And it's only February.  I don't think anything in the next ten months will be able to top this.

I'm currently converting my crappy bitmap maps over to be wonderful, infinite resolution vectors.

Oh, it's on.

In other news, I was finally able to make it over to NEC to pay for this year's classes.  That, and get a new sticker on my ID.  Fiiiinally.  I feel like a real student again, with a right to be there!  Woo!  I took a few hours out of the middle of my day (1:30 PM to 3:30 PM) and got a few things done.  First, I took the Red and Green lines over to Copley to The Only TDBank Branch In Boston to deposit some checks.  Then, I attempted to get back on the T to head out to Symphony, only to realize I was trying to get on the T going the wrong direction (Inbound).  I'm so used to getting on the T on the Library side that I didn't even think about it.  After crossing the street twice, I made my way out to Symphony to pay for my classes and lessons, as mentioned.  The gentleman at the office was friendly about it (even though I'm like 6 months late).  Thanks, dude!  You're excellent.

The #1 bus got me from Symphony back to Harvard Sq., where I picked up some Veggie Planet (Vegan Peanut Curry) for a late, late lunch.  It was delicious, though a bit cold by the time I got it back to the office.  The rest of the day proceeded without too many incidents, though I've decided I hate Flex stylesheets.  Either that or I hate the component I was trying to apply a style to, because I couldn't get it to take no matter what I did.  I even employed our super special style-applying class/magic wand, and it didn't work.  Geeze.

Ultimately, dinner was salad (from the salad bar at Shaws!) and a bit of sour dough, swiss, and classic, classic hummus.  Delicious.

I've spent the last hour and a half drawing shapes in Illustrator.  This is so, so cool.  I'm super excited.  My hand hurts from mousing so much.  They'll be wonderful!  Wonderful!  Oh, yes.

Oh, lets see.  I was at work until around 7:30 or so.  Once I left, I took the T over to Harvard Sq. and sat in Dado for 30 minutes drinking some Dragon Well, listening to Kind of Blue.  It was pleasant.  After my half hour (around 8:30 PM), I walked home up Mass. Ave., stopping at Gourmet Express for some cereal, trail mix, and bread.  (Watch out, now.)  It wasn't a bad walk.  Upon arriving home, I gave my parents a call.  Sounds like Dad's job is going well - he seems to be enjoying it.  He's working at Thomson Reuters - they're apparently writing software for looking up patents and stuff.  I only got some of the details.  It sounds like a good group, though, in some old factory buildings in New Haven.  He says he likes the commute and the people are nice.

The annual Ocean Grove trip is starting to be scheduled.  I can't believe it's already time to think about that again - it's only February!  Looks like we're all likely to descend on OG in mid July.  ... Now that I think about it, I can't wait.  I love going there with everybody - it's always so pleasant.  Sitting on the beach, boarding in the waves, running along the water, eating ice cream, relaxing in the cool, pleasant evenings.  It's such an idyllic place.  It'll be spectacular.

Currently listening to Massive Attack.  Naun tells me they have a new album.  Perhaps I should do something about that.

No comments: