Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Little Miss Sunshine

I got four hours of sleep last night.

Somehow, this didn't really seem to have any effect on me today.  So, you know, yay!

It started snowing this morning almost immediately after I woke up.  By the time I felt even vaguely awake, there was already like an inch.  By the time I got to the office, I vaguely resembled a snowman.  Today was one of those days that involves a bunch of random scattered tasks.  I'm not sure if there was any one, overarching thing that actually defined my workday.  Guess you have those sometimes.

I left work around 5:45 PM to book home in time to meet my brother and nephews here.  Instead, they met me at Gourmet Express in Porter.  We ended up going to Jose's Mexican Restaurant for dinner, which was delicious.  I had a Burrito con Mole.  Booyah.  And an Autentica margarita.  Chris had a chimichanga.  And an Autentica margarita.  The boys had cheese quesadillas.

Upon returning to my apartment ("Boys, can you say swinging bachelor pad?" I asked.  "SWINGING BACHELOR PAD!" they responded.), we started moving furniture out of the way in my room to make room for the tent.

Yes, the tent.

There is currently a 6' by 6' or so tent in the middle of my floor.  It barely fits.  The boys are sleeping in it.  I'm not sure if Chris is going to as well, or if he's going to take my bed, pushing me out to the couch.

We just watched Little Miss Sunshine, which was an excellent movie.  It had the freaky preacher dude from There Will Be Blood as a teenager.  He was decidedly less freaky.

And now, bed.

No comments: