Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Muppets Scat Singing

I was listening to Neutral Milk Hotel on the way home from my lesson down in Brookline.  In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, in fact.  What an amazing album.  It was way ahead of its time, I think.  It'd fit right in if it had been recorded now, but it was over a decade ago (1998) that they put it together.  Crazy.

Anyway, I finally got some stuff working today at work, and it makes me very happy.  It's like this whole branding kit thing might actually come together.  It wasn't a matter of it being broken, but of just a long, long process of setting everything up so that it'd work.  Today I put the last major building blocks in, and it all just worked!  Glorious!  Now for all the miscellaneous finishing touches.  It got a cursory blessing from Mr. Marty earlier today - now if I can only get... probably... Misters Daniel and Doug to be okay with it, we should be in pretty good shape for now!

That was the vast majority of my day at work.

Following work, I came home and practiced for about an hour and a half before heading out to my lesson.  Sooner or later, I will be able to play this damn song from beginning to end!  Chords, melody, comping,  I don't care!  I want it all!  Mine!

So woohah.  I had a scone and half a sandwich for lunch today.  They were both delicious and wonderful. I really am a Scone Monster, I think.  Kinda like Cookie Monster, but more red and (hopefully) with less googly eyes.

No comments: