Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grr, argh.

Today consisted of estimation, gym, High Fidelity, and failure.

Mr. Erik and I spent most of our day estimating tasks for the aforementioned New Project. This is, somehow, exhausting work. You wouldn't think it, just from watching. Two guys sitting in an alcove saying, "Oh! And we have to do blah, blah, blah." Then wondering, "How long will that take?" Then writing, "4 hours," into a spreadsheet.

Somehow that sounds straightforward, and it is, but by the end of today I was wiped.

Outside of that, the gym went by fairly quickly because I wanted to get home and practice.

Ahh, the best laid plans.

I got home, and the universe conspired to defeat me when I walked in to find Matt watching High Fidelity. This is one of those movies that I've seen once, really liked, and never had occasion to see again. Between the day's various forms of tiredness (read: estimation and exercise), I sat down on the couch to have dinner and ended up staying through the whole movie, which ended promptly at 10:00 PM.

Wandering over to my office, I endeavored to find my sheet music for Tune Up (Miles Davis). "Well, crap, it's not in this stack of papers."

"Oh, junk, it's not over here either."

"Maybe it's in... no, it's not there either."

"Shit."

I have no idea where it is. I feel like a moron. It's just... gone. I kinda know the melody, more or less, and the Internet is useless for finding a legitimate site to get music off of. I tried Note Flight - unfortunately no one has written it up.

So... I'm stuck. Grr. This is one of those frustrating days, rather than one of the fulfilling ones.

No comments: