Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Attempts and success

We attempted to go for a run this morning.

We really did.

Julia ran up to my place from her's (good on her!), and then we set out down Mass. Ave. towards Harvard Square.  Somewhere around Linnean, there was a solid yellow talk-to-the-hand crosswalk signal staring at us very sternly, so we took a right down the street.  Coolness - yay adventure.

So we were heading down Linnean for a piece, and passed this massive oak tree.

I mean, it was effin' big.

So we stopped.

And we walked up to it.

And Julia tried to hug it for fun, but it was so big and had such large roots she couldn't even get in close.

... And then we just never quite started running again.

Instead, we took a leisurely stroll through West Cambridge, looking at the houses and flowers (of which there were many.  Of both.)  Very pleasant.

Eventually we made our way back to my place, briefly discussed Wilco, and then she grabbed her bike from the other day and we went on with our days.

Following that, I got my act together and shipped myself off to work on the T, after a brief stop in Harvard Square (Yes, Dado) for coffee and a scone.  Reena was working (I believe that's your name!  I apologize if I'm off!  It was a while ago when I heard it).  She gave me lots of coffee.  This served me well.

Work went pretty well - I didn't really take any time for lunch - I wolfed it down in like 5 minutes before a meeting (penne pasta from 2nd Street!  It was quite delicious).  The meeting ran from 12:00 noon until 1:00 PM.  After that, I made some great progress on my project (hooked up a whole catalog feed export/FTP system.  Rockin'!), so I eventually decided to take my success and head home a smidge early.  This time was well spent.  It gave me a few hours to work on some software for Dave so he can 21st Centurize how NEC collects information prior to student evaluations.  I made some good progress.

At 7:30 PM or so, I left home and headed over to Brookline for a lesson.  We actually ended up talking about software and such for about 40 minutes, then had only 20 minutes of lesson cause his next student showed up on time.  Doh.  Well, we'll make it up sometime.  I'm sure he's aware of it.

Anyway, now I'm back home.  I got some lovely lemon ginger tea at the store the other day, which I've been sitting here, sipping.  But, given the time, I do believe it's getting close to bed time.  I think we're going to try to go for a 6:30 AM run tomorrow, rather than 7:00 AM.  Watch out, now!

No comments: