Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Backwards Day

Got back to my parents' place about half an hour ago.  I'd been at my brother's, hanging out, watching YouTube videos of John Zorn in his various incarnations through the years.  On the way home I listened to Melt-Banana, as it reminded me of him.

I got there after the boys had gone to sleep; Aleksandra was still out at an Easter service, so we sat and talked about some books we'd been reading.

On the drive over, I listened to Joanna Newsom, in stark contrast to later-in-the-night's Melt-Banana.  Prior to the drive from Oxford to New Haven, I took myself a lovely little hour nap from 6:30 to 7:30 or so.  It was great.  Part of me didn't want to bother to get up.  It had been a long afternoon.  We went to a little church out in Easton at noon for their annual Blessing Of The Easter Baskets, which is apparently an eastern European tradition.  After the service, we went to Aleksandra's parents house for a lunch of blessed food.  I became blessedly stuffed.  After a little lunch, we went out into the yard and kicked a few soccer balls around.  The boys came and went periodically - usually when they caught the ball they just held on to it and ran around.

For a few minutes, we played tag, with them trying to tag me with the ball.  Being the master dodgeballer that I am, and being so good looking and fleet of foot, eventually they had to tell me I couldn't run.  Then they told me to slow down.

It's not lost on me that they're only four.  I just didn't want to get tagged!

I also took two separate, small, short naps at Aleksandra's parents' house.  They were wonderful too, though less effective with all the activity.

In the morning, I had a little bowl of yogurt, Craisins, and granola for breakfast.  I also installed Starcraft II on my dad's laptop and played half of a game against some computers.  I was going to win - I can tell. They were listed as "very easy" computers, cause that was the only option.

I woke up today around 9:15, feeling pretty good.  Turned out to be a pretty nice, beautiful day.

No comments: