Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Material Girl

Tomorrow's proposed route:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3803875

Just so I can remember.

Today, I got up at Mom and Dad's, had some breakfast, then helped Dad move Grandma's old TV into the back of the truck so we could take it to the dump.  The thing is massive.  After half an hour or so of wrangling, tying it to a dolly, strapping it on securely and wheeling it down steps, we got it in there and drove it over to le dump.

Once there, we saw that we had it easy.  There was an enormous 50" CRT TV, probably twice the size of Grandma's, sitting on a palette.  Crazy.  I think you'd need a forklift to move it.

After the dump, Dad and I went into his shop and took the pedals (or one, anyway) off my bike.  Unfortunately, we discovered that the clicking sound their making must be inside the pedal itself.  That being the case, I think I might just be getting some new pedals.  These ones are kinda cheap plastic anyway.

Around 2:00 PM I started getting myself together so I could come over to Chris and Aleksandra's.  I finally left around 3:00 PM after getting all my stuff back in the car.  The bike was a total pain, and I'm going to have to have a really good reason to transport it in the car again.  Augh.  

I stopped at Best Buy along the way and got Mom her birthday gift.  Woo!

Once here, I bummed around for a bit, ate some hummus (which I've been eating constantly all day), and played a smidge of guitar for a while.  Around 6:00 PM, we got ourselves together and went over to St. Thomas' for their evening Speakeasy.  Awesome.  Gin and tonics in church.

The time is now 10:30 PM, and we just got back a few minutes ago.  We played a lot of Canasta, and some other game called, "Oh, hell."  Good times.  And there was a bit of dancing, for which I wish I'd had certain company.  Mid-game, at one point, my brother stands up and says, "I'll be back, I have to go dance," and runs over and starts dancing to Material Girl with a bunch of kids.  I love that guy.

And now it's sleep time.  Run in the morning.  I've been thinking about it all day.


1 comment:

annalisa said...

Nice. Makes me think about doing the New Haven Road Race again this year. HEY NOW, THAT'S AN IDEA!!!!!!! :)