Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Kinda crazy.

Been a couple of days. Last Thursday, in fact. It's been a pretty nutty weekend, in its own special ways.

Saturday involved a trip to Target with Julia's family, followed by hitting up
TJmax, Newbury Comics, and Whole Foods. Lots of shopping. When we got back, we found Julia's bike had been stripped of its handlebars and cables. Argh. It was a total bummer for everyone on an otherwise great afternoon. She called the po pos, who came and took a report. I took he opportunity to tell them about my stolen seat as well, not that there's a chance they can do anything about that.

After all that business, I went home and spent the evening cleaning. I rearranged my office room a bit and took down the second table. The plastic one. There's a ton more room in there now, which seems pretty cool.

Saturday morning I bummed around for a bit, and then joined Julia on her apartment hunting trip. Saw a few places in Allston which were okay. Following that, we went to her place for a few, where I decided that she should do her laundry at my apartment to save some cash, and also give me the opportunity to make her some dinner. Good plan, right?

So I rode home with the intention of returning with my car to load up her clothes, head over, and have a lovely evening. As I walked out of my apartment, car keys in hand, I closed the door behind me... And realized I didn't have my house keys.

Really?

Yah really.

Sigh.

I called Eric, and he was still in Baltimore. I called Matt, and he was in Miami. I called my landlord, and he was out on the Cape.

Daaaaaaah!

So I returned to Julia's, sweaty and defeated and stayed there until a few hours after Eric got home. Lucky me, he wax returning Sunday.

Today included a rather productive morning, followed by Kat's birthday dinner at New Ginza in Watertown. Tasty tempura! Huge beer! Fried ice cream! Delightful.

After dinner, I stopped into Julia's for a few, before returning home. It's hot, but I have a fan. Whew. And that is that.

No comments: