Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The second bi-yearly (as in once every two years) Legal Test Kitchen dinner

Woke up this morning at the usual time.  I took a little jaunt by myself this morning (roughly 3 miles, all told), as Julia was conserving her time for some classwork.  The first part of my run took me down Raymond, over to Mass. Ave via Linnean, down to Harvard Square, back up Brattle and Berkeley, and to the Craigie.  Stopped in for a few, said hello, and then moseyed my way back up Raymond to home.

I took a little sprint at the end, just for kicks... and found myself lacking as much energy as I would have liked.  It was an unexpected bummer.

Got myself in to work by 9:30 AM or so, and spent the morning pulling together some documentation on this 'ere integration.  Had vegetable curry with coconut rice (!!!!!!) for lunch, which was delightful.  Daniel, Erik, Rick, Mike, Mahmoud, Jim, and I all sat out on the roof deck under the sunshade.  It was quite nice - the perfect temperature.

In the afternoon (1:00 PM) I had a little meeting with Daniel and Marty to show them this integration business.  We only had a few changes come out of it, which was nice; good suggestions, though.  I'm expecting to use the remainder of the week to wrap those up and write up some documentation on the whole thing.

I left work, eventually, around 6:20 PM or so and made my way over to the Legal Test Kitchen down on the waterfront by the Bank Of America Pavilion.  I left like right after the crazy rain stopped.  Fortuitous.   There, I met up with Konrad, Jen, Aleksandra, and Adam, and we had a great dinner.  My meal was some root vegetable sorta thing, which was okay, but it looked like everyone else had great stuff.  Mine could have used some more interest.  It was kinda one dimensional.

Afterward, Jen and Konrad were kind enough to drive Adam and I back to South Station, and we then took the Red Line back to Cambridge; I got off at Porter, and he took it out to Alewife.

Once home, I sat down - laid down, rather - and surfed around for a while.  Ended up on failblog.org.  Laughed till I nearly cried at a few of them.

Almost bought an iPad tonight, as I increasingly think of utilitous use cases for one in my every day life. Utilitous - it's a word now.  Unfortunately they seem to be mostly sold out, and if I'm going to buy a new toy, I don't want to wait two weeks to get it.  I want it now!

And that, I think, is about that.

No comments: