Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nine Twenty-Five, Press Return

Yesterday was your average sort of between-projects sorta day at work. Lots of jumping from thing to thing, trying to get a few other things done in the meantime.

After work, we went for a run down to Harvard and back up Oxford. It was wicked hot. I've run in hotter, but this was, I think, our first like... 80+ degree run of the year, and I was feeling it. Somewhere close to Porter I dropped my pace a little. Bummer. But that's okay, there'll be more runs.

The wanderlust has been returning the past few weeks, I've noticed. It seems for most of the last year or so, I was very content with my current situation and activities. Maybe it's the end of the school year, but I find myself thinking about all the things I could be doing again.  It's an exciting feeling as always, but it's also concerning. It's distracting, and generally, there's little to be done for it.

Maybe it's just summer - I don't know.  I think I probably need some sort of absurd vacation that'll remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing.

No comments: