Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2007

I'm trying to be assertive, I'm making plans

Crazy great progress at work today.  It's like I know what I'm doing.  I got the whole data model for our project up and running.  In all, I think it took two days to customize.  Now I can move onto something else!  Meanwhile, I'm still lunchlighting (kind of like moonlighting, but over some pizza) in the product group and as our de-facto webmaster.  I formatted some pages with HTML today (woohoo.), and nearly had to Photoshop some stuff.  

Lunch was a Safe and Sound from Veggie Planet.  I just wasn't feeling up to an Unsafe, and that's the way it is.  It's the first time I've had a Safe and Sound since the first time I went there with GM and his wife.  I did, however, return to having coffee in the morning today, and I celebrated by getting my usual Small Coffee And A Lemon Scone at Dado.  C (or is your name spelled with a K?) seemed happy to see me - she's such a sweet girl.  Always a pleasure.  Before lunch, I walked out of the office with LG and took a stroll around Harvard Square.  He went to the bank at Cambridge Savings, and I walked around the Garage trying to figure out what to have for lunch.  I eventually circled all the way around, went up Brattle until it hit Church, walked back by the office, and ended up at VP.  

I stayed somewhat late at the office again.  6:30 PM or so.  I got there at 9:00 AM, and took the very short lunch described above.  At the end, it was just DM and I left in the office.  This is all, I think, in lead up to me leaving at 4:30 or so tomorrow to catch our flight to D.C.  

As I write this, my LiveJournal account has expired.  Literally.  They sent me an e-mail saying as much.  I guess it's that time.  Somehow I find it hard to write there.  There are lots of reasons why that might be, but I won't speculate, because I really can't tell.  

It's funny, because normally I write so that others will read it.  I don't know of anyone I've told about this blog, yet here I am.  Maybe I'm changing some.  Maybe my priorities have changed.  Maybe I'm just hoping someone will find it, or maybe I intend to pass a link around once I'm sure I'm going to keep writing here.  

On my way home tonight, I stopped at Whole Paycheck for some ingredients.  Daddy needed an omelet, and boy did he get one.  Dinner was a three egg omelet with broccoli, red onion, mushrooms, feta cheese, a bit of garlic, and a generous dash of Tony.  Accented with some buttered baguette and a Corona (with slice of lime!), it was delicious.  Next time, I think, I'll use a white or yellow onion.  Red just isn't quite right.   

At some point this evening, I should consider packing a few days of things.  Honestly, I could probably do that tomorrow morning (or after work) and be fine.  

No comments: