Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

all dead white boys say god is good

The temperature today was over 90 degrees.

I was sweating by the time I got to the office.  I walked from Central, and it didn't help that I forgot my iPod at home and had to go back for it after about three blocks.

I spent the morning doing tech research for our design project.  I spent the afternoon coding up a integration prototype.  The second half of the day went much faster.  I've discovered that if I try to write a document for eight hours straight, somewhere around hour five I start to get really tired.  Somewhere around hour seven I completely lose the ability to get anything done.  

At lunch, I went to Darwin's with EP - it was the first time in over two years that I'd been there.  The Brewer was still there, and I decided that I wouldn't get it a second time around.  The place has changed.  Their menu has improved.  It now appears to have more vegetarian options.  It's also prettier.  I got the special vegetarian sandwich, which was a veggie burger, tomato (watch out for the salmonella, boys and girls) , lettuce some sort of mayo/salsa sort of dressing, and whatever else.  Black beans in the burger.  Red onion.  It was worth going back for.

During lunch I played Ricochet Robots for the second time in two days.  It's also the second time I've played it in months.  I'm still not so bad at it - I think I tied someone for the win.  Or maybe I won.  I wasn't really paying attention at that point.  Regardless, once I got back into the groove, I did fine.  EP, LG, DM, TW, JL, and DR were playing.  Good people.

I still don't know where I'm going to move.  I've told my landlords (perhaps a month ago) that I'm going to be leaving.  I think I can do better.  The new kitchen looks great and makes me wonder if I'm making the right decision, but I've complained for so long, I don't see how I can be wrong.  I'm going to move, and I'm going to like it.  I just need to find a place, and that doesn't seem to be that easy.

I think I might like to stay around Central.  I like it here.  It's dirty enough and busy enough that it makes you feel like you're really in a city.  I met DM on the T yesterday, and he suggested I look at Davis.  He said if he were going to move again, he'd go back there.  I like Davis... maybe I should consider it.  




No comments: